|Body Style||Quad Bike|
Muddy 400 is it the answer to Polaris?
Tested over 40 hours of some of the harshest terrain Australia has to offer we conclude it may be. The 400cc motors was relentless in getting 4*4 places that would scare of most 4wd drives. Weighing in at under 280kg the machine was simply gliding along the roughest of terrains.
The winch used is normally left for the bigger UTV’s but was an upgrade going from 1250 to a newly developed 2500lbs winch. Although not necessary for a machine this size we did find that there are a lot more uses for the winch than just dragging the machine out of a sticky situation as we found when a camper trailer sank into a pit of mud along with the 4WD towing tit.
Safety tip: foot brake has to be pressed before you can shift gear to “F” or “R”. This safety feature is simple but effective. It saves your transmission!
Switch between 2WD and 4WD riding mode is easy. Simply push a button and leave the electro magnetic front diff locking system do the rest for you. You do not even have to turn off the engine to switch mode.
The newly brushed aluminium wheel are more for show than go but one would have to agree they look great and as a free option are a must have.
- All Wheel Drive
- Brand: Elstar Muddy
- Cooling System: Oil cooled with themo fan
- Engine: 387cc, 4-stroke, 1-cylinder
- Starter: Electric start
- Bore and Stroke: 83mm x 71.6mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Clutch: CVT automatic
- Carburetor: PD33J
- Muffler Diameter: 20mm
- Suspension Front: Independent dual arm with Nitrogen/Oil Dampening, Adjustable ball joints
- Suspension Rear: Independent dual arm shock (Nitrogen/oil dampening)
- Ignition: CDI
- Transmission: F-N-R
- L x W x H:1990mm x 1060mm x 1150mm
- Seat Height: 850mm
- Wheelbase: 1235mm
- Ground Clearance: 220mm
- Fuel Capacity: 13.6L
- Dry Weight: 278kg
- Front brake: Dual ventilated hydraulic disc
- Rear brake: Ventilated Hydraulic disc
- Tires/Front:AT25 x 8-12 radial
- Tires/Rear: AT25 x 10-12 radial
- Heavy duty Winch: Upgraded model 3500 LBS
- Tow bar: Factory fited
- Off road use only